Scifi Diner Podcast Ep. 26 – The Truth About Harry Potter The Half-Blood Prince, The Hobbit Release Dates, and more!
July 31st, 2009 by Scott
The SciFi Diner
Please call the listener line at 18885084343, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tonight’s Diners: Scott & Miles
Welcome to the Diner. We want your feedback: how are we doing, what can we do differently, what would you like to hear? We what to know! Also the ACC feeds of out podcast are enhanced, which means there are chapters. So if we’re talking about a show you’re not interested in, you can skip ahead.
- Thanks to Miracle Laurie who retweeted our live interview and posted it on her Facebook page.
- Thanks to Whedonesquewho retweeted and posted our show on their site
- Some people responded to the “quality of the interview. Dude, we were in a very noisy restaurant.
- The fact our interview was 50 minutes into the show. Our goal is to put out somewhere around an hour show. If you don’t like what we are saying early in the podcast, skip ahead; we got chapters. If all you want is the interview, skip to it!
- Browncoat_Tabz commented that “Most podcasts have an interview as PART of their regular episode, complaining about that is kind of like complaining about the Today Show droning on when they have “a special guest” at the end of the show. ”
- Echo Alert Interview: if you didn’t get enough Miracle Laurie.
- Televixen on Twitter kind of has her own show called DVD Geeks. She’s on Trek Space and saw the link and posted it on her Twitter account.
- Dayton Ward for pimping us on Trekcast.
- Chronic_Rift: for playing our promo.
- Thanks everyone who responded to Trivia.
Tonight’s agenda: A Truth about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Next weeks Agenda: Our Interview with Vanessa Angel.
Two weeks ago we gave this trivia question: Artie from Warehouse 13 plays what character in Star Trek: The Next generation?
Donhauben answered this question from two weeks ago. He was the collector. It is the episode where he steals Data because he collects one of a kind items.
This past week’s trivia question came with a prize of an autographed November photo from the Dollhouse. The question was which doll from Dollhouse was considered for what role on Joss Whedon’s Firefly?
Answer: Miracle Laurie for the role of Kaylee.
Out of the people who answered this question correctly, we drew the name Justin. Congratulations!
Trivia Question for next week:
Answering this question correctly, will win you a Justice League: Justice on Trial DVD.
Question: Where was Daniel Radcliffe when he found out he landed the role of Harry Potter?
Ten Minutes in SciFi TV:
- The fourth episode of Syfy’s new original series Warehouse 13 recorded new series-high audiences in both adults aged 25-54 (1.8 million) and 18-49 (1.4 million), the network reported.
- True Blood gets renews 3rd season – popularity, only one month in
- Battlestar’s Jamie Bamber Apollo joins the cast of Dollhouse premiere.
- Torchwood: Children of Earth – StartledRhino asked: What did you think of Torchwood: Children of Earth? It was waaaaaaay to dark for me. I prefer the exuberance of Dr. Who.
- ABC’s V impresses Comicon goers. Bigepaz tweeted: I was VERY impressed with the “V” pilot. Better than I thought it would be.
- Syfy sets Caprica debut date: Jan. 22, 2010
- Halo 3: ODST, the video game to be released Sept 22, 2009, boasts a bevy of Firefly stars: Nathan Fillion voices Buck, Adam Baldwin voices Dutch, Tricia Helfer voices Dare, and Alan Tudyk voices Mickey.
- ‘Tron’ Sequel Name confirmed and New Images (and wow it looks great).
- William Shatner reads: Sarah Palin’s Speech – NBC site
- Other Star Trek News
- Prequel to King Kong in development
- The Hobbit – We’ve been talking about releasing the first movie in December ‘11 and the second in December ‘12, and that’s what we’re aiming for. But we’ve only ever been aiming for it, and the studio obviously are not going to sign off on the films until they see a script and the budgets that are budgeting to that script.Among the highlights: The script for the first film is about three weeks away; no casting has been decided; the two movies will encompass the story in the book and won’t be one movie about the book and a second to bridge the period between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, as has been speculated; and the films will draw in narratives from the same era as told in other writings.
- According to Zackary Quinto, the Star Trek 12 script is halfway done, and Abrams is involved.
- GI JOE coming out this next weekend and we want your reviews! Call us at 18885084343.
- Dr. Who: Planet of the Dead – aired this past Sunday on BBC America, but also came out on DVD.
- Dollhouse is of course out and I netflixed disc four: *Thoughts on Epitath 1 (episode 13) *The Unaired Premiere *Dollhouse is number 3 on amazon! wow!
Ten Minutes in SciFi Movies:
Ten Minute in SciFi DVD/Video:
The Main show:
The Potter interview. We interview Michelle and get her perspective on the latest Harry Potter movie.