Dining at the End of the Universe Podcast.
Please call the listener line at (206) 600-4824, or email us at email@example.com
Sponsored by Myscifistore.com: meeting your scifi needs from here to the end of the universe.
Tonight’s Diners: Scott & Miles
Welcome to the Diner. We want your feedback: how are we doing, what can we do differently, what would you like to hear? We what to know! Also the ACC feeds of out podcast are enhanced, which means there are chapters. So if we’re talking about a show you’re not interested in, you can skip ahead.
Tonight’s agenda: Shore-Leave 31
- Our apologies for the glitches with episode 20 – we truly believe half of it was abducted by aliens.
- Café Press Store – The place where you can buy your Dining at the End of the Universe swag.
- By the way: if you are a podcaster and do a podcast something in the vein of Scifi/fantasy or something geeky, we would love to play your promo!
- Next week: Transformers – call in, e-mail in, twitter in: let us know your thoughts!
Trivia Question for this next week:
For our trivia question this week:
What tv show spawned the first scifi convention and when was the first convention held? Call (206) 600-4824, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Scott and Miles on Twitter with your answers!
Last week’s trivia winner:
Who is the Disney actor who played young Simon Tam in the Firefly episode Ariel?
Zack Efron was the answer. Congratulations to Larry Myers and Matt Mathers who answered it correctly.
Sucks to you Herne for not giving us your address. We kept your prize and ate it. 8^)
- True Blood started to rave reviews from fans.
- Brian Fuller has left the building: Good for him bad for Heroes.
- ‘Terminator Salvation’ tops $300M in its hunt to beat Star Trek. Star Trek foreign: $122.2M. $239.4M domestic tally, 361.6 total: Star Trek remains a little over $40M ahead of Terminator Salvation. Terminator Salvation still to be released in Mexico (July 31) it may yet overtake Star Trek’s total gross when both film’s theatrical releases are done. Predictions that Terminator Salvation will catch Star Trek must, of course, factor in this week’s looming wide release of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
- Ron D. Moore’s Virtuality, the upcoming Fox sci-fi “movie” that began life as a series pilot, centers on the starship Phaeton, which is on a 10-year mission to a distant star, and its troubled crew, who make use of “virtual reality modules” to stave off boredom and psychological issues on the way.
The Main Meal:
Today we interview Mike Schilling from Shore-Leave 31, the upcoming fan run convention in Hunt Valley, Maryland. He shares how he got into the genre, the history of Shore Leave, and what we can expect this year. We’ve listed some of the highlights below. If you are interested in attending Shore Leave or finding out more about it, please visit their site. Some of the Shore Leave Guests:
- Stargate: Extinction (2009) – Ronan
- The Game: A spin-off of “Girlfriends” featuring a group of women who all have relationships with professional football players. – plays Roman
- Stargate: Extinction (2009) Tehla
- Stargate: Extinction (2009) (V) (pre-production) …. Richard Woolsey
- Legends of Nethiah: The Nameless (2011) (post-production) …. Sir Hanif
- Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey (2009) (post-production) (voice) …. Milton
- Trail of Blood (2009) (post-production) …. Agent Weston
- Confined (2009) (post-production) …. Maddoxx
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) (post-production) …. Marcus
- “Supernatural” …. Alastair (3 episodes, 2009)
- “Stargate: Atlantis” …. Todd the Wraith / … (22 episodes, 2004-2009)
- “Sanctuary” …. Bigfoot / … (10 episodes, 2008-2009)
- “Smallville” …. Zor-El (2 episodes, 2007)
- “Stargate SG-1″ …. Anise / … (3 episodes, 2000)
- “Dollhouse” …. Mellie / … (10 episodes, 2009)
- “Medical Investigation” …. Veronica (1 episode, 2004)